I didn't deserve red-Gervinho | Dayz Entertainment
 

Share This Post

Share This


Ivory Coast forward Gervinho said he was "very disappointed" with the referee's decision to send him off against Guinea on Tuesday, claiming he did not deserve the red card.   

The Elephants were trailing 1-0 when the former Arsenal striker was sent down the tunnel for an early shower by Algerian referee Mehdi Abid after the forward lashed out at an opponent shortly before the hour mark.

Seydou Doumbia still managed to come to the rescue of the Elephants when he rounded off a well-worked move to equalise after 72 minutes, cancelling out Mohamed Yattara Jr's first-half opener.

"The red card is not logical, it was not deserved," Gervinho told the French radio RFI.

"He (Naby Keita) stomped on my foot. I was surprised. I wanted to make a gesture to say "stop it" and off went my hand.

"I am very disappointed with the referee's decision as I could have contributed a lot to the team. However, I am happy because my team-mates saved my match, the team and the whole country.

"I hope I will only miss one game."

Post a Comment

 
Top