Justin Bieber will be in Floyd Mayweather's corner for fight of the century against Manny Pacquiao | Dayz Entertainment
 

Share This Post

Share This

Justin Bieber has a reputation as a lover not a fighter but he's actually a huge Floyd Mayweather fan and so much so that he's carrying the champ's belt to the ring with him on Saturday.

Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather hopes to defeat challenger Manny Pacquiao and then win one more fight which would see him equal Rocky Marciano's 49 fight winning streak that has stood since 1955.

The Rock knocked out Archie Moore in Yankee Stadium to retire as undefeated champion and Floyd hopes to tie the legend's achievement.

Biebs already managed to take the edge off the pre-fight meeting by looking decidedly un-menacing.

As a suited Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao posed for official pictures, a late Bieber joined in on the action.

Like a little brother, the Baby singer hopped up in front of the camera and tapped Floyd on the shoulder in an ultra-cringe moment.

And Justin, 21, is such a fan of the welterweight champion that he's taken boxing lessons from him.

According to The Sun, the Baby singer will lead out the champ's entourage at the MGM Grand.

A source told the paper: "As long as his daughter wants Justin there he'll be his main man. They get on really well."

'Money' Mayweather is undefeated as a professional and has held belts in five different weight classes.

He is the WBC, WBA and Ring welterweight champion, and the WBC Super, WBA, and Ring junior middle weight champion.

The Ring championship is recognition by the leading boxing magazine based on who the rightful champion is regardless of political manoevering.

Mayweather topped the Forbes and Sports Illustrated lists of the 50 highest-paid athletes of 2012, 2013 and 2014.

Mayweather, who says he will earn 200million dollars (about £130m) from the richest fight in history, admits that his father and trainer, Floyd Senior, was right to advise him to quit this year while all his faculties are intact.

Mayweather said: “My father is right, September, I think will be my last fight. Now it is about the time for me to walk away.

“I won’t go to 50 – no. To get 50 might be special to you but not to me.

“A 19-year career with no real punishment on my body makes. Does the money mean more to me than a zero on my record - absolutely!

“At the end of the day, my daughter can't eat no zero. The millions mean she can eat!

“When the fight is over on Saturday and I go home, even ten years from now, I am still going to be getting a seven-figure cheque every month – I am going to make sure my kids get the best education because that's what it is really all about – my family

“A lot of times people were criticising me for being a defensive fighter. Last night when I was at home, sitting with my mother and my daughter and I thought ‘you know what, I’m proud of myself’.

“To be in the sport for 19 years, the main thing is that I’m going to be able get out of the sport, still be sharp, have a sharp mind, I wasn’t involved in a lot of wars because being involved in a lot of wars is wear and tear on your body.

“To still be sharp, and have all my faculties, that is remarkable.”

Post a Comment

 
Top