Lionel Messi feeling great at Barcelona after torrid 2014 ON and OFF the field | Dayz Entertainment
 

Share This Post

Share This

Lionel Messi says he is happy again after enduring a rough time throughout 2014.

The Barcelona forward lost out on the Ballon d'Or to Cristiano Ronaldo following a torrid year, which was marred with a host of off-field problems.

Messi came under criticism after Barcelona were pipped to the La Liga title by Atletico Madrid, while his side were beaten in the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

And he also became the subject of tax evasion investigations.

But that tough year is now well and truly behind him, as proven by being back to his rampant best on the pitch - and he admits that he is feeling good once again as well.

Speaking to Barcelona's official website, he said: "I am happy. The truth is that I started the season in another way after what happened to me last year.

"I had a difficult year for what happened off the field, for my injuries and my performance. But this year I started differently and now I feel great.

"Last year I had an uneven season. I was out with injuries and missed many games. When I returned to the pitch, it never ended well. It was a year that I've tried to forget quickly to get back to my best version. Luckily now I feel fine."

Messi is recovering from the heartbreak of going an entire campaign without winning a trophy with Barcelona.

The Catalan giants suffered the rare trophy-less season but that is what motivated the team onto bettering themselves this season, according to the Argentinian.

He said: "We came from a time when each year we were winning a title, and perhaps we did not value what we were winning.

"It was a bad year in which we won nothing, and now, when they get back some success, we will see how important they are and enjoy them more because we know they are very hard to achieve."

Messi, now 27, is close to scoring his 400th goal for Barcelona, but insists that once he hits the milestone, he will continue to try and add to his monumental tally.

"It's nice to score goals," he said. "Some are special, but it's the same. By now every goal is a goal, but it is nice to know that I can keep adding to them and remain in the history of this great club."

Messi has also stated his joy at playing in the same team as the likes of Neymar and Luis Suarez, saying that it adds a new dimension to the team with their wide range of skills and ability.

"Barcelona have always had great forwards, not just now with Neymar and Luis. But it's true that we are taking advantage of them because they are both great world stars. They give us another thing than goals, so in that sense, I'm calm."

Messi will line up for Barcelona against Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday night in the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

Post a Comment

 
Top