Petr Cech: Why I left Chelsea [CLICK] | Dayz Entertainment
 

Share This Post

Share This

Arsenal’s new signing Petr Cech has explained his reasons for leaving Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea.

The goalkeeper’s move to the Gunners was officially announced on Monday, with shot-stopper explaining why he felt it was the right time to leave the league champions.

“It was probably the hardest decision for me to go, but last year I realised that I am not in a phase of my career when I would sit on the bench,” he told Arsenal’s official website.

“I want to be playing. I want to have a chance to compete for my position in the team and I want to be useful for the team and do the usual stuff on the pitch week in, week out.

“I hope I will have that possibility to compete for my place here at Arsenal and I hope that I can bring something a little extra to the team that can help.”

The 33-year-old spent over 10-years as Chelsea’s number one, before losing his place to Belgian goalkeeper, Thibaut Courtois.

Despite Mourinho wanting to keep Chelsea’s long-standing keeper, Cech made the decision to leave the Blues, in search of regular first-team football.

Cech kept 228 clean-sheets in 493 games at Chelsea,

Post a Comment

 
Top