Brit Awards 2016: Adele Gives Emotional Speech; Expresses Support For Kesha | Dayz Entertainment
 

Share This Post

Share This

Adele lost a little of her composure and got emotional during the Brit Awards 2016 in London.

The “Hello” hitmaker expressed her sympathy and support for Kesha when she accepted her first award of the night for British Female Solo Artist.

“I’d also like to take this moment to publicly support Kesha,” said Adele in her speech.

Kesha recently lost her bid for a preliminary injunction that would allow her to record and release music without Dr Luke, whom she accuses of sexual, physical and verbal abuse. Other female artists including Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Demi Lovato, Ariana Grande and Kelly Clarkson also expressed support for Kesha.

However, Adele got really emotional when she received the Global Success Award.

Adele shed tears while expressing her feelings in her speech. She said, “Thank you. I can’t work out if I’m crying because of that video or because [astronaut] Tim Peake did it. My kid is going to think I’m so cool. That was really amazing and I’m honestly … oh God, sorry … you’re probably getting f—ing bored of me anyway.”

“Not bad for a girl from Tottenham that don’t like flying,” said added.

Her f-bomb later prompted the hosts of the UK broadcasting network ITV to apologise, People magazine noted.

In her fourth acceptance speech for the Mastercard British Album of the Year Award for “25,” the singer apologised for her earlier remark.

“I’m really sorry about swearing earlier and I’m really sorry for the ugly cry face. I think now would be the time to thank people like the fans. I don’t want to sound cheesy, but you’re so amazing. Thank you so much. Honestly, you’re incredible. You blow me away every time,” she said.

Overall, Adele took home four awards. She also gave a soulful performance of her “When We Were Young” from her album “25.”

Adele’s first album in almost five years broke several music records and topped charts around the world, Washington Post noted. The singer is also set to embark on a concert tour, which will kick off this February in the UK and ends in Mexico City on Nov. 15.

Post a Comment

 
Top