Hamamat auctions 'controversial' VGMA dress | Dayz Entertainment
 

Share This Post

Share This

Former Miss Malaika winner, Hamamat Montia has put her controversial yellow dress on sale.

According to the model, who was speaking on Rhythmz A-Z on Joy FM Saturday with Mamavi Owusu-Aboagye, she hopes to raise $3,000 to support her library project in Bongo in the Upper East region of Ghana.

Hamamat revealed that as at Friday night, she has raised $1,220 and hopes to reach the $3,000 goal by the end of next week.

The mother of two girls made the news when a yellow dress she adorned to the 2016 edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) exposed her breast.

However, on May 05 Mrs. Montia took to her Instagram to apologize for what she described as “Wardrobe malfunctioning.”
Mrs. Montia said: “I didn’t mean to stir up any controversy with my dress.”

She explained, “I work very hard for my body so I wore a dress that I felt comfortable with but didn't know it would end up the way it did.”

Commenting on happenings, Mrs. Montia said when she realized the problem with her dress, she refused to take pictures at the VGMA.

However, when the organizers of the program requested I take one picture for them, she said, I complied.

"I saw the picture when I was called to make a presentation", she added.

“This wasn’t what I wanted to show”, she disclosed adding “I apologize for the way that picture was presented.”

Touching on the support she enjoyed from actress Lydia Forson after the issue became a national disaster, Mrs. Montia said, “People were very harsh but I think it is wonderful for another celebrity to rise in defense of another celebrity.”

“I would love to see more celebrities standing up for each other,” she said.

Post a Comment

 
Top