Kanye West Goes In On The Grammys For Beyoncé Album Of The Year Snub | Dayz Entertainment
 

Share This Post

Share This


If you watched the Grammys last night, you saw Kanye almost pull a “Kanye” when artist Beck took the stage to accept his award for album of the year. But then, he thought better of it and returned to his seat. And it was pretty funny.
But in reality, he wasn’t joking.

He just chose to hold his opinion until the end of the evening. When Terrence J, Khloe Kardashian and Christina Milian interviewed Kanye after the show, for E News, he let them know how he really felt about Beck taking home the award.

    “The Grammys, if they want real artists to keep coming back, they need to stop playing with us. We ain’t finna play with them no more! And Beck needs to respect artistry and he should have given his award to Beyoncé. And at this point, we tired of it. Because what happens is when you keep on diminishing art and not respecting the craft and smacking people in the face, after they deliver monumental feats of music, you’re disrespectful to inspiration.

    And we, as musicians, have to inspire people who go to work everyday. And they listen to that Beyoncé album and they feel like it takes them to another place. Then they do this whole promotional event…you know they’ll run the music over somebody’s speech, the artist, because they want the commercial advertising. Like no, we’re not playing with them anymore.

    And by the way I got my wife, my daughter and I got my clothing line. So I’m not finna to do nothing to put my daughter at risk but I am here to fight for creativity. That’s why I didn’t say nothing tonight. But y’all know what it meant when Ye walked on that stage.”

Listen, Kanye is known for going off the deep end. And speaking up at, what some might consider, inopportune times; but I’m going to have to agree with him, to some extent, with this one. I’m well aware that Beyoncé is not the only person to create music. And I know that Beck has been in the game for a long time, with over 13 albums. But she did something remarkable with the unexpected, unpromoted drop of her visual album, that just so happened to feature incredibly rich and diverse sounds. And that should have been rewarded last night.


SOURCE: madamenoire

Post a Comment

 
Top