Manchester United eyeing Pep Guardiola as their new manager after Louis van Gaal | Dayz Entertainment
 

Share This Post

Share This

Louis van Gaal has confirmed that he WILL walk away from Manchester United in 2017.

The 64-year-old Dutchman, who signed a three-year contract when he arrived at Old Trafford last summer, insists he will not be reversing his decision to retire in 18 months’ time.

But while Van Gaal is grooming his No 2 Ryan Giggs to be the next Old Trafford manager, those above him have other ideas.

Sunday Mirror Sport understands Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola is also on their radar.

Former Barcelona boss Guardiola is refusing to sign a new deal and is planning to quit the German giants at the end of this season.

That would leave United’s hierarchy in a quandary as Van Gaal would still have a year left to run on his contract at that point.

Van Gaal has spent £90million on young players such as Anthony Martial, Memphis Depay and Luke Shaw but admitted: “It would be difficult to see this team reach its potential because that would mean I would have to stay.

“You have seen what I have said about that - and I always do the things I have said.

"I am a trainer-coach who believes in youth and I believe I have a very good eye for young talent.

"Of course, it is easier to buy the big stars, but the big stars can also fail — as we have seen last year [when United bought Angel Di Maria for a British record £59.7m only to sell him to Paris Saint-Germain after one season]. And that is why I have always said you have to invest in young players.

"Okay, I know they are not ready yet, but that is why I have said that this team is more for my successor than for myself."

Post a Comment

 
Top