Lil Wayne Apologizes for “Black Lives Matter” Comments | Dayz Entertainment
 

Share This Post

Share This

Lil Wayne made waves after saying the Black Lives Matter movement has “nothing” to do with him during a recent interview with ABC’s Nightline, pinning his remarks to the reporter’s line of questioning.

“I don’t feel connected to a damn thing that ain’t got nothing to do with me,” the rapper told Nightline in a recent interview. He added he was young, black and rich. “My life matter, especially to my bitches,” he said, winking at the camera.

Wayne has now apologized for his comments, telling TMZ, “Apologies to anyone who was offended.” He has also blamed “Nightline”’s Linsey Davis for asking questionsabout his daughter, which he said threw him off: “When the reporter began asking mequestions about my daughter being labeled a bitch and a hoe, I got agitated,” he said. “From there, there was no thought put into her questions and my responses.”

Davis had asked the rapper about his sometimes misogynistic, offensive lyrics, to which he responded: “All those same lyrics made me who I am and I am a very successful man. So, if it takes me to be degrading, then, man, please keep looking out for more, ‘cause it’s coming, baby.”

But would he have a problem with someone calling his daughter a ‘ho’, she pressed.

“By a certain person, if they’re coming directly at her, yeah,” Lil Wayne said. “If they’re calling her a bitch or a ho, I have a huge problem with that. Yeah, but I’ve never called a certain female that name unless I got a real big problem with her.”

Source: Pitchfork

Post a Comment

 
Top